|30 – 40cookies||30minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|5 – 10minutes||1 – 2 hours|
1. Beat butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
2. Divide the dough into thirds. Put two thirds aside. Roll out the remaining third and cut as many stars (or whatever) as possible. Make stacks of stars and put them in the fridge to make them firm.
3. While the stacks are firming up in the fridge, colour the remaining two thirds in any colour you like. Divide the coloured dough into as many parts as you have cookie stacks (I had five stacks, so I divided it into 5 parts). For my stars I divided each part into 6 parts, one for each gap of the stars. Form these little parts into rolls and put them around the stars one after another until it is fully covered. Roll the cookie roll gently to close the gaps between dough parts.
4. If you want to use sprinkles, now is the time to roll them in sprinkles! Place your rolls in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until they feel firm.
5. Slice the rolls into 0,5cm thick slices, place onto a baking paper covered cookie sheet and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 5 – 10 minutes. Let cool. Put the cooled cookies into boxes. The will keep up to a week.